Friday, December 9, 2011

Surat Al Faatihah Greatest Surah In The Qur'an

Muslims have the obligation to perform the prayers five times a day and night. In a mandatory or sunnah prayers on all rak'ah required to read Al-Fatihah which means, "Opening." Surah Al-Faatihah is the first surah in the Qur'an and consists of 7 verses. Al-Faatiha is also known as "As-Sab 'al Mathaani" which means,"7 repeteadly recited verses."

Narrated Abu Sa'id bin Al-Mu'alla : While I was praying in the mosque, Allah's Messanger called me but I did not respond to him. Later I said, "O Allah's Messanger, I was praying." He said, "Didn't Allah say- Answer Allah (by obeying Him) and His Messenger when he .... calls you."

He then said to me,"I will teach you a Suurah which is the greatest Suurah in the Qur'an, before you leave the mosque." Then he got hold of my hand, and when he intended to leave (the mosque), I said to him,"Didn't you say to me,"I will teach you a Suurah which is the greatest Suurah in the Qur'an?" He said,"Al-Hamdu lillahi Rabbil-'aalamiin".

No comments:

Post a Comment